Hotel Video Marketing
Even without taking a deep dive into the statistics, one could safely assume video is becoming an increasingly popular medium with hotel guests.
What should you use video marketing for at your hotel?
For hoteliers, it is more challenging than ever to stand-out. Video marketing therefore is a popular format to increase internet traffic and awareness. Think about it: People remember 20% of what they hear, 30% of what they see, but 70% of what they hear and see. Although videos have revolutionised the way we consume media and the hotel industry relies so much on visual marketing, many hoteliers have not started developing their own video marketing strategy. Below you find eight reasons why video is the next big thing in hospitality marketing.
It’s one thing to prove the popularity of video. That doesn’t mean all videos are effective at engaging an audience or provoking action. You need to do more than create a pretty collage of images with a backing track if you truly want your content to be amplified. Use the storytelling strengths of video to send a real message.
The case for hotel video marketing
If you haven’t already looked into using video marketing for your hotel, take note of these seven key stats:
- The likelihood of your site appearing on the first page of Google search results increases by 53 times by adding a video to your website
- People are 10 times more likely to engage with and share video content
- 20% of users read text while 80% will watch a video with the same content
- 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video. In two years, the number will rise to 80%
- At your property, bookings are 67% more likely to happen when a video tour is available
- The click-through rate for introductory emails that include a video increases by 96%
- 76% of social media users would share a video if it was entertaining
Hotels have even more reason than other industries to invest in video marketing. Travellers love to find inspiration in video and they see it as a more trustworthy source to ignite their trip planning.
Customers find it useful in all aspects of their research as these statistics show:
- 66% watched videos when thinking about taking a trip
- 52% watched videos when thinking about what type of trip they would like to take
- 65% watched videos when choosing a destination
- 54% watched videos when deciding which accommodation to stay at
- 63% watched videos when looking for ideas for activities at a destination
People rarely travel for practical or purely rational reasons. Emotions play a massive part so this is where your efforts should be focused. Try to instil awe in viewers with your videos to reach new guests, drive site traffic, and share your hotel’s story.
We shot this at The Kleynhans Home in Botswana